Friday, September 23, 2011

DIY: Bejeweled Clothespins


Detail. Noun: the small elements that collectively constitute a work of art.

I'd like to think of myself as a fairly detail-oriented person. I say "fairly" because you wouldn't think so if you saw my work space. But when it comes to certain things, such as work that I'm excited about or parties that I host, I enjoy the details. I can spend a significant amount of time cutting, snipping, gluing, assembling, arranging and rearranging. 
For parties, I find that the simple details - the display of napkins, alignment of wine glasses, placement of flower vases, etc., transform a space and make guests eyes light up when they enter the room.

At a bridal shower that I recently hosted, I glitzed-up the clothespins for the Clothespin Game by adding pink and clear jewels that I purchased at a dollar store. They came in self-adhesive strips. All I did was cut them and stuck the cut pieces on both sides of the clothes pin. Guests seemed to love their bejeweled pins. One of the guests took all of them home because she wanted to do her laundry "in style".

A simple and budget friendly, 'attention-to-detail' DIY.

Clothespin Game instructions


We also played the purse game.
Images: Armi De Francia; Era Mae Ferron











No comments:

Post a Comment