Saturday, September 17, 2011

{DIY Glitter Pumps}


Summer's over. I'm trying to get back into my pre-summer swing. As I rush to buy my morning coffee before my early meeting, I see some kids sauntering their way to school, carrying and wearing new everything: clothes, shoes, backpacks filled a new pencil cases, new pens and new protractors.

I want to look and feel as fresh as they do! Unfortunately, I spent quite a bit during my summer vacation. That means I'll have to make some of the things I think will freshen up September. 
SO, my September posts will be entirely DIY. If I complete any of the projects, I'll show you how I did. 


First up, DIY Glitter Pumps.

Do you have any old scuffed up pumps that you're just not into anymore? Well you don't have to donate them just yet. Spruce them up with some glitter! A Saturday afternoon project for some Saturday night fun.

This is how A Pair & A Spare did it:

You'll Need:

  • Heels
  • Gold (or any colour) glitter
  • Acrylic glue
  • Sandpaper
  • A paint brush
How To:
  1. Clean the shoes, then lightly sand them to rough up the surface so that the glue sticks properly.
  2. Mix the glue and the glitter together in a container.*
  3. Paint the shoe with the glitter glue.
  4. Sprinkle with extra glitter to fully coat the shoes. Don't worry about getting glitter inside the shoes - just clean them up once the glue has dried.
  5. You may want to put on a second coat to ensure all spots have been covered.
*Try mixing equal parts glue, equal parts glitter as suggested by I Spy DIY. Check out their Dolce & Gabbana tutorial.




Images: A Pair & A Share



If you want to glitter-up just the heels or wedges, you can do that too! Aren't Kurt Geiger's glittered wedges dazzling!?


Image from le blog de Betty

3 comments:

  1. Seems pretty simple right? If you take on this project, send me some pics and I can post them (with your permission of course!)

    ReplyDelete