Check it out here! Happy Birthday Danilo
This is what I did to create it:
- I created a blog using Blogger.com. I chose the Dynamic template and used the Magazine subtheme. I also customized the look a bit - changed the background colour, the font colour, etc. I wanted to get rid of the timestamp, since I didn't want the blog to look like a regular blog, whereby blog entries are in chronological order. I wanted more of a static, website look. I did some searching on google, and I read that there's a way to get rid of the timestamp in Blogger. Unfortunately, I don't understand html talk much at all, so I couldn't figure it out.
- Everyone loves ballons, right? So I went to the a local dollar store that sells helium balloons. I bought a package of 15 assorted balloons and had them all 'heliumanized'. I drew on some of the balloons - Happy 30th Birthday (on separate balloons), as well as a cupcake and a candle.
- I created a photoshoot on my street. To take pictures such as the one here, I used a tripod. As you can tell, I like wide-angle kind of shots. That's why many of the photos have tons of sky in them. I work on a Mac, so I edited my photos using iPhoto. For more powerful editing capabilities, I need to learn how to use Photoshop. That's on my 'To-Do' list for the summer.
- For the videos, I used my Nikon D5000 to record my parents and Brandon. My video was recorded using the built-in camera on my Macbook. I used iMovie to edit the videos. The background music is from The Slakadeliqs album, The Other Side of Tomorrow. To check our more of their music, visit their website --> The Slakadeliqs.
- Last but not least, I created a list of 30 things that are unique to my brother, the things that cannot be duplicated; those special memories and characteristics that make him him!
And voila! a Virtual Birthday Present!
Check it out: Happy Birthday Danilo